On the visible shape of the cold plasma jets in the solar chromosphere
- 37 Downloads
Lines of equal optical thickness are calculated for cold plasma jets propagating in the simplest magnetic configuration. The paraxial approximation is used in the case of jets directed along the axis of a magnetic dipole. The results explain the apparently convergent as well as divergent shapes of the jets in a divergent magnetic configuration.
KeywordsField Line Optical Thickness Magnetic Field Line Magnetic Configuration Visible Shape
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alfvén, H. and Fälthammar, C.-G.: 1963,Cosmical Electrodynamics, Clarendon, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Allen, C. W.: 1973,Astrophysical Quantities, University of London, Athlone Press, London.Google Scholar
- Beckers, J. M.: 1977, in A. Bruzek and C. J. Durrant (eds.),Illustrated Glossary for Solar and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, D. Reidel Publ. Co., Dordrecht, Holland.Google Scholar
- Koutchmy, S. and Lorrain, P.: 1992, Poster paper presented at SUMER/CDS Meeting, Orsay, September 20, 1992.Google Scholar
- Priest, E. R.: 1982,Solar Magnetohydrodynamics, D. Reidel Publ. Co., Dordrecht, Holland.Google Scholar