Endoscopic ultrasonography of tumours of the oesophagus and the stomach
- 34 Downloads
Endoscopic ultrasonography is one of the intracavitary ultrasound procedures, all of which have as their objectives the attainment — through the use on high frequencies — of high resolution, and the avoidance of disturbing air and bone. In the technique of endoscopic ultrasonography, a high-resolution ultrasonic transducer attached to the tip of an endoscope is introduced into the gastrointestinal tract, from where it becomes possible to represent the wall of the tract, and also its neighbouring organs. The last few years have shown that the procedure is capable, in principle, of meeting the expectations placed in it.
Key wordsEndoscopic ultrasonography Oesophageal carcinoma Gastric carcinoma Interventional ultrasound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aibe T, Okita K, Takemoto T (1986) A fundamental study of normal layer structure of the gastrointestinal wall visualized by endoscopic ultrasonography. Scand J Gastroenterol [Suppl 123] 21: 6–15Google Scholar
- 2.Bolondi L, Caletti G, Casanova P, Villanaci V, Grigioni W, Labo G (1986) Problems and variations in the interpretation of the ultrasound feature of the normal upper and lower GJ tract wall. Scand J Gastroenterol [Suppl 123] 21: 16–26Google Scholar
- 3.Caletti G, Bolondi L, Labo G (1984) Ultrasonic endoscopy — the gastrointestinal wall. Scand J Gastroenterol [Suppl 102] 19: 5–8Google Scholar
- 4.Dancygier H, Classen M (1986) Endoskopische Sonographie — ein diagnostischer Fortschritt im oberen Verdau-ungstrakt? Leber Magen Darm 2: 114–116Google Scholar
- 5.Lutz H, Rösch W (1976) Transgastroscopic ultrasonography. Endoscopy 8: 203–205Google Scholar
- 6.Silverstein F, Kimmey M, Martin R, Hagitt R, Mack L, Moss A, Franklin D (1986) Ultrasound and the intestinal wall: experimental methods. Scand J Gastroenterol [Suppl 123] 21: 34–40Google Scholar
- 7.Strohm WD, Classen M (1986) Benign lesions of the upper GJ tract by means of endoscopic ultrasonography. Scand J Gastroenterol [Suppl 123] 21: 41–46Google Scholar
- 8.Takemoto T, Aibe T, Tadasu F, Kiwamu O (1986) Endoscopic ultrasonography. Clin Gastroenterol 15: 305–319Google Scholar
- 9.Tio TL, Tytgat GNJ (1986) Atlas of transintestinal ultrasonography. Mur-Kostverloren, Aalsmeer, p 15Google Scholar
- 10.Watanabe H, Kato H, Kato T, Tanaka M, Terasawa Y (1968) Diagnostic application of the ultrasonography for the prostate. Jpn J Urol 59: 273–279Google Scholar