Nonlinear waves guided by a dielectric slab
- 56 Downloads
We consider dispersion relations and field structure of TE-polarized guided waves travelling along an asymmetric dielectric slab surrounded by two different nonlinear media. For a given configuration there are four types of guided waves. Three of this four types possess at least one field maximum outside the slab region and have no counterpart in linear waveguide optics. The solutions of the dispersion relations depend now on an additional parameter making them more flexible with respect to the linear limit.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.M. Agranovich et al.: Pisma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.32, 532 (1980)Google Scholar
- 2.W.J. Tomlinson: Opt. Lett.5, 323 (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.A.A. Maradudin: Z. Phys. B41, 341 (1981)Google Scholar
- 4.A.J. Lomtev: Pisma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.34, 64 (1981)Google Scholar
- 5.D. Marcuse:Theory of Dielectric Optical Waveguides (Academic Press, New York 1974)Google Scholar