Phosphoryl amino acids: Common origin for nucleic acids and protein
- 94 Downloads
A series of compounds (DAP-AA) composed of an amino acid (AA) and a dialkyl phosphoryl group (DAP) is the basic elements of life chemistry. Self-catalysis of DAP-AA gives the self-assembly oligopeptides, even in aqueous medium at 38°C. The oligo-nucleotides could also be assembled from nucleosides' phosphorylation by DAP-AA. DAP-AA acts as the energy source as well as the phosphoryl donor for the synthesis of nuclic Acids and protein. A general expression for the self assembly system is proposed.
Key wordsbasic element of life chemistry model expression phosphoryl amino acids Origin of life
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fox, S. W. and Dose, K. (1977)Molecular Evolution and the origin of Life, Marcel Dekker, New York.Google Scholar
- 2.Miller, S. L. and Orgel, L. E. (1974)The Origins of Life on the Earth, Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- 3.Ji, G. J., Xue, C. B., Zeng, J. N., Li, L. P., Chai, W. G. and Zhao, Y. F. (1988) Synthesis of N-O, O-diisopropyl phosphoryl amino acids and dipetides,Synthesis 6, 444–8.Google Scholar
- 4.Xue, C. B., Yin, Y. W. and Zhao, Y. F. (1988) Studies on Phosphoserine and phosphothreonine derivatives,Tetrahedron Letters, 29, 1145–8.Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Y. M., Zhang, D. Q., Zhang, H. W., Ji, G. J. and Zhao, Y. F. (1992) B-Carboxyl catalytic effect of N-phosphoryl aspartic acid,Bioorganic Chemistry, 20, 285–295.Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Y. M., Yin, Y. W. and Zhao, Y. F. (1992) Phosphoryl Group Participation leads to peptide formation from N-phosphoryl amino acids,Int. J. Peptide Protein Res. 39, 375–81.Google Scholar
- 7.Li, Y. C., Tan, B. and Zhao, Y. F. (1993) Phosphoryl transfer reaction of phosphohistidine,Heteroatom Chemistry, 4, 415–9.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhao, Y. F., Li, Y. M., Yin, Y. W. and Li, Y. C. (1993) The Regulation Effect of phosphoryl group on amino acids side chain,Science in China, 36, 1453–8.Google Scholar