Generation of nearly diffraction-free laser beams
- 251 Downloads
Laser beams which behave like the so-called diffraction-free beams have been generated by an argon ion laser with a new type of cavity. They have almost the same intensity distributions and propagation characteristics as those predicted for the Bessel-Gauss beams which were introduced recently. Beams corresponding not only to the lowestorder but also to higher-order Bessel-Gauss beams have been obtained.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Durnin: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A,4, 651 (1987)Google Scholar
- 2.J. Durnin, J.J. Miceli, Jr., J.H. Eberly: Phys. Rev. Lett.58, 1499 (1987)Google Scholar
- 3.F. Gori, G. Guattari, C. Padovani: Optics Commun.64, 491 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.D. DeBeer, S.R. Hartmann, R. Friedberg: Phys. Rev. Lett.59, 2611 (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.J. Durnin, J.J. Miceli, Jr, J.H. Eberly: Phys. Rev. Lett.59, 2612 (1987)Google Scholar
- 6.L.W. Casperson, D.L. MacFarlane: Lasers Optron.6, No. 11, 14 (1987)Google Scholar
- 7.J. Durnin, J.J. Miceli, Jr., J.H. Eberly: Optics Lett.13, 79 (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.K.B. Wolf: Phys. Rev. Lett.60, 757 (1988)Google Scholar
- 9.T. Yajima, F. Shimizu, K. Shimoda: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys.2, 322 (1963)Google Scholar
- 10.Lord Rayleigh: Philos. Mag. S. 5,43, 125 (1897)Google Scholar
- 11.K. Shimoda: Appl. Opt.1, 33 (1962)Google Scholar