Surface second-harmonic generation: A novel technique for ps-pulse duration measurements
- 42 Downloads
Second-harmonic generation from dye adsorbates has been successfully used to measure the duration of ps pulses. In the red and in the blue-green spectral range pulse durations of 2.4 and 6.1 ps—in agreement with streak camera measurements — have been obtained from collinear, slow autocorrelation traces.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.P. Ippen, C.V. Shank: Techniques for measurements, inUltrashort Light Pulses, ed. by S.L. Shapiro. Topics Appl. Phys.18, (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1977)Google Scholar
- 2.T.F. Heinz, C.K. Chen, D. Ricard, Y.R. Shen: Phys. Rev. Lett.48, 478 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.T.F. Heinz, H.W.K. Tom, Y.R. Shen: Phys. Rev. A28, 1883 (1983)Google Scholar
- 4.G. Marowsky, A. Gierulski, G.A. Reider, A.J. Schmidt: Appl. Phys. B34, 69 (1984)Google Scholar
- 5.G. Marowsky, A. Gierulski, B. Dick: Opt. Commun. (in press)Google Scholar
- 6.S. Szatmári, F.P. Schäfer: Appl. Phys. B33, 95 (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Zs. Bor, F.P. Schäfer: Appl. Phys. B31, 209 (1983)Google Scholar
- 8.B. Dick, A. Gierulski, G. Marowsky: In preparationGoogle Scholar
- 9.A.M. Weiner, E.P. Ippen: Opt. Lett.9, 53 (1984)Google Scholar