Configuration of the chromospheric magnetic field in a unipolar sunspot region
- 31 Downloads
A set of Hβ chromospheric magnetograms at various wavelengths near the line center, chromospheric Dopplergrams, and photospheric vector magnetograms of a unipolar sunspot region near the solar limb were obtained with the vector video magnetograph at the Huairou Solar Observing Station. The superpenumbral chromospheric magnetic field is almost parallel to the surface at the outside of the sunspot penumbra, where the magnetic lines of force are mainly concentrated in the superpenumbral filaments. In the gaps between the filaments the chromospheric horizontal field is weak.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Line Center Magnetic Line Solar Limb Sunspot Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen, C. W.: 1973,Astrophysical Quantities, The Athlone Press, 3rd ed.Google Scholar
- Giovanelli, R. G.: 1980,Solar Phys. 68, 49.Google Scholar
- Giovanelli, R. G. and Jones, H.P.: 1982,Solar Phys. 79, 767.Google Scholar
- Gray, D.F.: 1976,The Observation and Analysis of Stellar Photospheres, John Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Grossmann-Doerth, U. and Uexküll, M. V.: 1975,Solar Phys. 42, 303.Google Scholar
- Severny, A. B. and Bumba, V.: 1958,Observatory 78, 33.Google Scholar
- Zhang, H.: 1993,Solar Phys. 146, 75.Google Scholar
- Zhang, H., Ai, G., Sakurai, T., and Kurokawa, H.: 1991,Solar Phys. 136, 269.Google Scholar
- Zhang, H., Ai, G., Li, W., and Chen, J.: 1993,Solar Phys. 146, 61.Google Scholar