Derivation of Poincaré covariance from causality requirements in field theory
- 38 Downloads
It is proved that the group of covariance of a non-second quantized theory of scalar fields on Minkowski space is uniquely restricted to the causality group, constituted by the group of dilatations and by the orthochronous Poincaré group, if certain causality requirements in field theory are assumed.
KeywordsCovariance Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Scalar Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bateman, H. (1910).Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society,8, 223 and 454.Google Scholar
- Chandler, C. (1968).Physical Review,174, 1749.Google Scholar
- Chandler, C. (1969).Physical Review,179, 1632 (E).Google Scholar
- Cunningham, E. (1910).Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society,8, 77.Google Scholar
- Helgason, S. (1959).Acta mathematica,102, 239.Google Scholar
- Hilgewoord, J. (1962).Dispersion Relations and Causal Description, North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Zeeman, E. C. (1964).Journal of Mathematics and Physics,5, 490.Google Scholar