A statistical study of physical pairs from IDS catalogue has been performed. For 2811 binaries with luminosity class V primaries it has been found that their mass function is a Salpeter one; their distribution over semi-major axes of orbits is dN ∝ d loga. The rate of duplicity of stars is close to 1.
KeywordsSelection Effect Close Binary Initial Mass Function Double Star Stellar Magnitude
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abt, H.: 1978, in T. Gehrels (ed.),Protostars and Planets, Univ. of Arizona Press, Tucson.Google Scholar
- Allen, C. W.: 1973,Astrophysical Quantities, Athlone Press, London.Google Scholar
- Couteau, P.: 1978,L'Observation des Étoiles Doubles Visuelles, Flammarion, Paris.Google Scholar
- Finsen, W. S. and Worley, C. E.: 1970,Rep. Obs. Johannesburg, Circ. 7, No. 129.Google Scholar
- Svechnikov, M. A.: 1969,Catalogue of Orbital Elements, Masses and Luminosities of Close Binaries, Ural University Press, Sverdlovsk.Google Scholar