Quantum formation of nucleation centers in a metastable crystal
- 30 Downloads
The creation of nucleation centers in a metastable crystal at absolute zero due to quantum fluctuations is investigated. Several different cases of quantum transitions from a state near a point of absolute instability of the crystal are analyzed, and appropriate equations are derived for the exponent of the exponential function describing the transition probability. The transition probability depends on the nearness of the critical frequency to zero and on the anharmonicity constants.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Exponential Function Critical Frequency Nucleation Center Quantum Transition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Iordanskii and A. M. Finkelshtein,Zh. Eksperim. i Teor. Fiz. 62, 403 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. Lifshitz and Yu. Kagan,Zh. Eksperim. i Teor. Fiz. 62, 385 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.Max Born and Kun Huang,Dynamical Theory of Crystal Lattices (Oxford University Press, London, 1954), Chap. 6.Google Scholar
- 4.E. G. Brovman and Yu. Kagan,Zh. Eksperim. i Teor. Fiz. 52, 557 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.B. V. Petukhov and V. L. Pokrovskii,ZhETF Pis. Red. 15, 63 (1972).Google Scholar