Solution of the transfer equation in a scattering atmosphere with spherical symmetry
- 22 Downloads
An exact formal solution of then-approximation radiative transfer equations for the Compton scattering in a spherically symmetric atmosphere is obtained.
In view of further applications, the simple case of a density ϱ(r)=ϱ0/r is fully developed and the 20 approximation equations have been studied with the computer.
KeywordsAtmosphere Formal Solution Radiative Transfer Transfer Equation Spherical Symmetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adam, M. G.: 1959,Monthly Notices Roy. Astron. Soc. 119, 460.Google Scholar
- Chandrasekhar, S.: 1960,Radiative Transfer, Dover, New York, p. 329.Google Scholar
- Peraiah, A.: 1971, Unpublished Thesis, Pembroke College, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Pierce, A. K. and Breckinridge, J. B.: 1973, Kitt Peak National Observatory, Contribution No. 559.Google Scholar
- Tricomi, F. G.: 1959a,Lezioni di Analisi matematica I, Cedam, Padova.Google Scholar
- Tricomi, F. G.: 1959b,Lezioni di Analisi matematica II, Cedam, Padova.Google Scholar