Nonlinear Rayleigh-Taylor instability in the presence of magnetic field and mass and heat transfer
- 58 Downloads
The nonlinear Rayleigh-Taylor instability in the presence of magnetic field and mass and heat transfer is studied using a simplified formulation. The method of multiple scale expansion is employed for the investigation. It is found that the nonlinear effects of magnetic field and mass and heat transfer stabilize the classically unstable system. A simple non-dimensional parameter is also found to characterize the stability of the system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chandrasekhar, S.: 1961,Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability, Ch. X, Oxford University Press, London.Google Scholar
- Hsieh, D. Y.: 1977,Phys. Fluids 21, 745.Google Scholar
- Hsieh, D. Y.: 1978,Phys. Fluids 22, 1435.Google Scholar
- Khater, A. H. and Obied Allah, M. H.: 1984,Astrophys. Space Sci. 106, 245.Google Scholar
- Nayfeh, A. H.: 1969,Fluid Mech. 38(3), 619.Google Scholar
- Nayfeh, A. H.: 1983,Proc. London Math. Soc. 14, 170.Google Scholar
- Taylor, G. I.: 1950,Proc. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A201, 192.Google Scholar