Berberis alkaloids. XVI. Structure of berpodine
- 36 Downloads
The alkaloid composition of young shoots ofBerberis heteropoda has been studied. Together with known alkaloids, we have isolated the new dimeric base berpodine and have established its structure by a study of spectral characteristics and by chemical transformations. The known alkaloid isotetrandrine has also been isolated from this plant, for the first time.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Alkaloid Spectral Characteristic Chemical Transformation Young Shoot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Karimov, A. Butaryarov, N. M. Yusupov, R. T. Mirzamatov, and R. Sh. Shakirov, Khim. Pr. Spedin., 596 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.J. L. Moniot and M. Shamma, J. Org. Chem.,44, 4337 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Shamma and D. M. Hindenlang, Carbon-13 NMR Shift Assignments of Amines and Alkaloids, Plenum Press, New York, (1979), p. 134.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Iwasa, N. Sugiura, and N. Takao, J. Org. Chem.,47, 4275 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Šimánek, V. Preininger, S. Hegarová, and V. Šantavý, Collect Czech. Chem. Commun.,37, 2746 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Kametani, H. Matsumoto, Y. Satoh, H. Nemoto, and K. Fukumoto, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. I, 376 (1977).Google Scholar