Polysaccharides from the wastes of vegetable and melon-type crops
The water-soluble polysaccharides and pectin substances from the wastes of vegetable and melon-type crops have been studied and their monosaccharide compositions have been determined. High- and low-methoxyl pectins have been isolated, and the physicochemical characteristics are given.
KeywordsPectin Rhamnose Epigeal Part Monosaccharide Composition Pectin Substance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Hais and K. Macek, Papìrová Chromatografie, [Russian translation, Inost. Lit., Moscow (1962), p. 725] [English translation: Paper Chromatography, Academic Press, New York, 3rd. Edn. (1963)].Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Ovodov, Gas-Liquid Chromatography of Carbohydrates (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Kovalenko and O. D. Kurilenko, Ukr. Khim. Zh., No. 31, 175 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Arasimovich, Biochemical Methods of Analyzing Fruits [in Russian], Shitiintsa, Kishinev (1984), p. 12.Google Scholar
- 6.R. K. Rakhmanberdyeva and D. A. Rakhimov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 357 (1993).Google Scholar