Self-action of light beams in nonlinear media: soliton solutions
- 84 Downloads
The behaviour of light beams in nonlinear media (self-focussing of optical beams as well as self-modulation and transmission of optical pulses) is considered in the case when the nonlinear polarization contains susceptibilities of third- and fifth-order. The soliton solutions are obtained for the nonlinear equations deduced.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Akhmanov, R. V. Khokhlov andA. P. Sukhorukov, in ‘Laser Handbook’, edited by F. T. Arecchi and E. O. Schulz-Dubois (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1972).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. R. Shen,Prog. Quant. Elect. 4 (1975) 1–34.Google Scholar
- 3.J. H. Marburger,ibid 4 (1975) 35–110.Google Scholar
- 4.O. Svelto, in ‘Progress in Optics’, edited by E. Wolf (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1974) Vol. XII.Google Scholar
- 5.V. E. Zakharov andA. B. Shabat,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 61 (1971) 118–34.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Hasegawa andF. Tappert,Appl. Phys. Lett. 23 (1973) 142–44.Google Scholar
- 7.Idem, ibid 23 (1973) 171–72.Google Scholar
- 8.Kh. I. Pushkarov andD. I. Pushkarov,Rep. Math. Phys. to be published.Google Scholar