Triple-pulse generation in a helium-neon laser
- 13 Downloads
Three emission pulses were obtained by using one exciting pulse in a He-Ne mixture. The relationship between the pulse parameters and the amplitude and duration of the excitation pulse were investigated, as well as the effect of the partial and total pressure of the mixture. The relationship between the emission pulses, the size of the emitting spot, and the brightness distribution over the diameter of the tube were likewise studied. Triple-pulse generation is considered as the result of producing an inverse population of the 2s-2p levels.
KeywordsAnalytical Chemistry Molecular Structure Total Pressure Excitation Pulse Pulse Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.G. Petrash and I.N. Knyazev, ZhETF,45, 833, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.Eints, Goldsmit, and McMahon, Zambezhnaya Radioelektronika, no. 2, 3, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.V.S. Egorov and A.S. Tibilov, Opt. i spektr.,18, 719, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.H.A.H. Boot, D.M. Clunie, and R.S.A. Thorn, Nature,197, 173, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.A.M. Shukhtin and V.S. Egorov, Vestnik LGU, no. 16, ser. fiz. i khim., no. 3, 61, 1959.Google Scholar