Spectrophotometric investigation of the kinetics of the oxidation of model compounds and lignin by a peroxidase-H2O2 complex
- 31 Downloads
It has been established that in relation to the increase in the maximum initial rate of oxidation of model compounds and of lignin by a peroxidase-H2O2 complex, the substances studied form the following sequence: guaiacol,α-guaiacylpropanol, ferulic acid,α-guaiacylpropanone, andα-lignin. On the basis of the results of the investigation it is suggested that the oxidation of lignin is carried out by a peroxidase-O2 complex. With a rise in the concentration of hydrogen peroxide the oxidation of model compounds is inhibited.
KeywordsInitial Rate Ferulic Acid H202 Model Compound Guaiacol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. M. Manskaya, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,62, 369 (1948).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Higuchi, Proceedings of the IVth International Congress of Biochemistry (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.E. S. Cardwell and C. Steelink, Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 184 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.B. Chance, in: Techniques of Organic Chemistry (ed. A. Weissberger), Interscience, New York, Vol. VIII (1953), p. 690.Google Scholar
- 9.P. Ashmore, Catalysis and Inhibition of Chemical Reactions, Butterworth, London (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.G. F. Zakis, The Synthesis of Model Compounds [in Russian], Riga (1980).Google Scholar