Carotenoids of the ascidianHalocynthia aurantium
- 34 Downloads
It has been established that the main components of the carotenoid fraction of an extract ofHalocynthia aurantium are astaxanthin and diatoxanthin, the latter possessing a weak antioxidant activity. No prenylated hydroquinones, which are characteristic for colonial species of ascidians were detected in the four species of solitary ascidians from the Sea of Japan investigated.
KeywordsCarotenoid Astaxanthin Methyl Oleate Ionol Colonial Species
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. Khare, G. R. Moss, B. C. L. Weedon, and A. D. Matthews, Comp. Biochem. Phys.,45, 971 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Fedorova, and V. V. Kharitonov, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,47, 2425 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. A. Zaslavskii, N. G. Khramova, I. G. Akoev, S. F. Terekhova, and E. B. Burlakova, Biofizika,2, 359 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.O. T. Kasaikina, Z. S. Kartasheva, and A. B. Gagarina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 3, 356 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.E. B. Burlakova, A. V. Alesenko, E. M. Molochkina, N. P. Pal'mina, and N. G. Khrapova, Bio-antioxidants in Radiation Damage and Malignant Growth [in Russian], Moscow (1975), p. 11.Google Scholar