Microbiological reduction of cortisol and prednisolone by a culture of Act. roseoviridis and the study of the structure of the acetonides of 11β, 17α, 20β, 21-tetrahydroxypregn-4-en-3-one
- 21 Downloads
1. It has been established that the reduction of cortisol and of pregnisolone with a culture ofAct. roseoviridis forms the corresponding 20β-hydroxy compounds.
2. In a study of the preparation of acetonides from Reichstein's substance E the formation of a mixture of isomers has been shown.
KeywordsAcetonides TSOH Dipotassium Phosphate Tetrol Crystalline Mixture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Heftmann, The Biochemistry of Steroids, Academic Press, New York (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Akhrem and Yu. A. Titov, Steroids and Microorganisms [in Russian], Moscow (1970), p. 307.Google Scholar
- 6.L. M. Kogan, I. V. Ulezlo, G. K. Skryabin, N. I. Suvorov, and I. V. Torgov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 328 (1963).Google Scholar