Composition of the phospholipids of the cotton plant Gossipium barbadense
- 23 Downloads
1. The fatty-acid compositions of the oil, the total phospholipids, and the main groups of phospholipids of the seed kernels of the fine-fibered cotton plant of variety 5904-I have been determined. The complete qualitative identity of the acids present in them and quantitative similarity of the acids in the oil and in the total phospholipids have been shown: in the degree of increasing saturation the phospholipids form the following sequence: phosphatidylcholines, phosphatidylethanolamines, phosphatidylinositols.
2. It has been established by enzymatic hydrolysis with phospholipase A2 of kufi venom that the unsaturated fatty acids are present in position of the PCh, PE, and PI molecules — to the extent of 90.6%, 96.5%, and 85.4%, respectively.
3. From the position distribution of the fatty acids in the phospholipids, their possible molecular compositions have been calculated.
KeywordsEnzymatic Hydrolysis Cotton Plant Molecular Composition Total Phospholipid Seed Kernel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.L. A. Shustanova, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 137 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.A. C. El-Nockrashy and Y. El-Shattory, Rev. Franc. Corps. Gras.,20, No. 4, 217, 229 (1973).Google Scholar
- 13.Kh. Karshiev, Kh. S. Mukhamedova, and S. T. Akramov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 558 (1974).Google Scholar
- 14.Preparative Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad (1964), p. 155.Google Scholar