Some questions of the mass spectrometry of the cardenolides
- 21 Downloads
1. The mass spectra of 19 cardenolides and related compounds have been studied. The characteristics of the splitting out of the substituents have been determined.
2. The directions of fragmentation of the steroid skeleton has been considered. The dependence of the nature of the cleavage on the linkage of rings A/B and on the presence of oxygen-containing substituents has been shown.
3. The additional shift of the peaks in the spectra of the deuterium analogs of the cardenolides has been explained. A new method of treating these spectra has been proposed.
KeywordsLactone Ring Cardenolides Additional Shift Diethyl Acetal Strophanthidin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.H. Budzikiewicz, C. Djerassi, and D. H. Williams, Structure Elucidation of Natural Products by Mass Spectrometry, Holden-Day, San Francisco, Vol. 2 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.M. B. E. Fayez and S. A. R. Negm, Chem. Ind. (London),40, 1361 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.G. K. Makarichev and Ya. V. Rashkes, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin.,7, 301 (1971).Google Scholar
- 14.F. S. Khristulas, M. B. Gorovits, and N. K. Abubakirov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,193, 1083 (1970).Google Scholar