Isolation of individual fractions of dioxane lignin from kenaf stems and their study
- 30 Downloads
1. Three fractions of dioxane lignin have been isolated from kenaf stems of the variety “Uzbekskii-15-74” by stepwise extraction with aqueous dioxane containing HCl.
2. On the basis of the results of elementary and functional analyses, semiempirical formulas of all the fractions have been derived, and their IR and UV spectra have been recorded.
3. It has been shown that an increase in the time of extraction leads to a rise in the molecular weight of the fractions and to a decrease in their degree of polydispersity.
KeywordsDioxane Syringyl Lignin Fraction Dioxane Lignin Aqueous Dioxane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Flora of Uzbekistan [in Russian], Vol. 4, Tashkent (1952), p. 169.Google Scholar
- 4.N. A. Beksler, L. S. Smirnova, and Kh. A. Abduazimov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 100 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.O. P. Grushnikov and V. V. Elkin, Achievements and Problems of Lignin Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1973), p. 227.Google Scholar
- 6.O. P. Grushnikov and N. N. Shorygina, Usp. Khim.,40, No. 8 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Elkin, N. N. Shorygina, A. D. Alekseev, and V. M. Reznikov, Khim. Drev., No. 4, 85 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.A. D. Alekseev, V. M. Reznikov, B. D. Bogomolov, and S. N. Sokolov, Khim. Drev., No. 4, 49 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.Ch'ien Jên-yüan, Determination of the Molecular Weights of Polymers [in Russian], Moscow (1962), p. 13.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Rezanovich, W. Yean, and D. Goring, Svensk Papperstidn.,66, 141 (1963).Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Obolenskaya et al., Practical Work on the Chemistry of Wood Cellulose [in Russian], Moscow (1965), pp. 50–78, 95.Google Scholar
- 12.G. F. Zakis, L. N. Mozheiko, and G. M. Telysheva, Methods of Determining the Functional Groups of Lignin [in Russian], Riga (1975).Google Scholar