I. Reductive decomposition with metallic sodium in liquid ammonia of 1-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-(2′-methoxyphenoxy)propane-1,3-diol
- 32 Downloads
1. 1-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-(2′-methoxyphenoxy)propane-1,3-diol has been synthesized for the first time.
2. The reductive decomposition of 1-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-(2′-methoxyphenoxy)propane-1, 3-diol with metallic sodium in liquid ammonia has been performed, and the presence in the decomposition products of guaiacol, catechol, 4-hydroxyphenylpropane, 1-(4-hydroxyphenyl)propane-1-ol and 3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)propane-1-ol has been established.
3. A quantitative analysis of the decomposition products has been performed by the GLC method and it has been established that the β-ether bond of the dimer is cleaved completely under the conditions used.
KeywordsDecomposition Product Guaiacol Liquid Ammonia Dimethyl Sulfate Metallic Sodium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. Goldsmid, Tappi,38, 728 (1955); T. Higuchi, J. Biochem. (Tokyo),45, 675 (1958); K. Kratzl and P. Claus, Monatsh.,93, 219 (1962); E. Adler, Symp. Intern. Chimie, Biochimie Lignine, Cellulose et Hemicelluloses, Grenoble, France, 73 (1964); T. Higuchi, Holzforschung,20, 16 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.A. F. Semechkina and N. N. Shorygina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk,5, 884 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.V. F. Novitskii and V. M. Reznikov, Vestsi Akad. Nauk BSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk,2, 66 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.Preparative Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1959), p. 376.Google Scholar