Quantitative determination of glycerol in phospholipids by gas-liquid chromatography
- 49 Downloads
1. A new method for the quantitative determination of glycerol entering into the composition of natural glycerophosphatides has been developed.
2. The method described has been used for the analysis of egg-yolk cephalin and lecithin and also the cephalin, lecithin, and cardiolipin of the cardiac muscle of large-horned cattle.
3. Using heart phospholipids as an example, the possibility has been shown of the separate determination of the glycerol in diacyl- and acylalkylidenephosphatides.
KeywordsLecithin Chloroform Layer Triacetin Alkaline Methanolysis Lecithin Fraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. J. Hanahan and L. N. Olley, J. Biol. Chem.,231, 813 (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.D. J. Hanahan, Lipide Chemistry, Wiley, New York (1960), p. 187.Google Scholar
- 3.K. S. Holla, L. A. Horrocks, and D. G. Cornwell, J. Lipid Res.,5, 263 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.T. H. Bevan, D. A. Brown, G. J. Gregory, and T. Malkin, J. Chem. Soc., 127 (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.K. S. Holla and D. G. Cornwell, J. Lipid Res.,6, 322 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. K. Yur'ev, Practical Work in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Smirnov, K. G. Manukyan, and E. V. Chirkovskaya, Biokhimiya,26, 1027 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Folch, M. Lees, and G. H. Sloane-Stanley, J. Biol. Chem.,226, 497 (1957).Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Vaver, G. A. Popkova, M. A. Novikova, and L. D. Bergel'son, Biokhimiya,34, 385 (1969).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Vaver, A. N. Ushakov, and L. D. Bergel'son, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1967, 1645.Google Scholar