A study of the globulins of cotton seeds in the growth process
- 19 Downloads
1. The 11S and 7S globulins of cotton seeds break down in the first five days of the growth of the seeds.
2. During growth, the proteins dissociate into low-molecular-weight polypeptide chains without the formation of intermediate subunits.
KeywordsPolypeptide Chain Quaternary Structure Cotton Seed Sedimentation Coefficient Cottonseed Protein
- 1.A. D. Shutov and I. A. Vaintraub, Plant Proteins [in Russian], Kishinev (1972), p. 38.Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Belozerskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,199, 468 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.N. Ovchinnikova, M. A. Kuchenkova, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 404 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.E. F. Redina, M. A. Kuchenkova, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 229 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.G. M. Podgornov, M. A. Kuchenkova, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 817 (1974).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1977