Coumarins of Ferula kopetdaghensis — Kopetdaghin and kopeodin (farnesiferol B)
- 31 Downloads
From the roots ofFerula kopetdaghensis Eug. Kor. a new coumarin has been isolated which has been called kopetdaghin. On the basis of the hydrolysis products, the results of hydrogenation and acetylation, and spectroscopy, it has been established that kopetdaghin is an ether of 7-hydroxycoumarin and 1-(3-hydroxy-2,2,6-trimethylcyclohex-5-enyl)-3-methylpent-2-en-1-ol, i.e., an isomer of farnesiferol B.
Furthermore, farnesiferol B has been shown to consist of a natural mixture of kopetdaghin (30%) and a component with the structure previously proposed for it (70%).
KeywordsCoumarin Methine Proton Olefinic Proton Umbelliferone Chromium Trioxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kh. M. Kamilov and G. K. Nikonov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 114 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.P. I. Zakharov, V. S. Kabanov, M. E. Perel'son, A. I. Ban'kovskii, and N. E. Ermatov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 296 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.M. E. Perel'son, Yu. N. Sheinker, G. P. Syrova, G. K. Nikonov, and A. P. Prokopenko, in: Medicinal Plants [in Russian] (1960), pp. 15, 60.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. N. Sheinker, Yu. G. Pek, and M. E. Perel'son, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,158, 1382 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.G. K. Nikonov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 572 (1971).Google Scholar