Steroid saponins II. Glycosides of Tribulus terrestris
- 41 Downloads
1. It has been established that the epigeal part ofTribulus terrestris L. contains five steroid saponins. Diosgenin was identified as the aglycone of all these compounds.
2. The carbohydrate compositions of the saponins have been determined.
KeywordsGlycoside Saponin Authentic Sample Diosgenin Epigeal Part
- 1.W. T. Kock and P. R. de Englin, J. South Afric. Chem. Inst.,11, 33 (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.G. B. Iskenderov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 488 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.T. A. Pkheidze, E. V. Kereselidze, T. N. Kachukhashvili, and É. P. Kemertelidze, Proceedings of the 1st All-Union Congress of Pharmacists, 1967 [in Russian], Moscow (1970), p. 215.Google Scholar
- 4.A. F. Gammerman, I. A. Damirov, M. O. Karryev, and G. P. Yakovlev, Medicinal Plants of the Scientific Medicine of the USSR Not Included in the Pharmacopeia [in Russian], Ashkhabad (1970), p. 155.Google Scholar
© Consultants Bureau, a division of Plenum Publishing Corporation 1974