Electron spin resonance and some electrical and optical properties of GeO2/SiO x thin films
- 33 Downloads
Electron spin resonance measurements show a reduction in the spin density associated with unpaired electron dangling bonds of a mixed complex of co-evaporated GeO2/SiO x films compared with that of SiO x films investigated under similar conditions. Unlike the behaviour of BaO/GeO2 complex films, these samples show a decrease in the optical gap as the thickness increases for films of fixed compositions. However, it increases as the SiO percentage increases in films of the same thickness. D.C. measurements at low applied fields below 105 V cm−1 agree well with the spin density results.
KeywordsPolymer Thin Film Optical Property Electron Spin Resonance Similar Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. H. Brodsky, R. S. Title, K. Weiser andG. D. Pettit,Phys. Rev. B1 (1971) 2632.Google Scholar
- 2.A. J. Lewis, G. A. N. Connell, W. Paul, I. R. Pawlik andR. J. Temkin, Proceedings of the Conference on Tetrahedrally Bonded Amorphous Semiconductors, Yorktown Heights, New York, March 1974 (American Physics Society and IBM, 1974) p.27.Google Scholar
- 3.P. A. Timson andC. A. Hogarth,Thin Solid Films 10 (1912) 321.Google Scholar
- 4.C. A. Hogarth andL. A. Wright, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, Moscow, July 1968 (Acad. Sci., USSR, 1968) Vol. II, p. 1274.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Tauc,Phys. Status Solidi 15 (1966) 627.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Chaudhuri, S. K. Biswas.A. Chaudhury andK. Goswami,J. Non-cryst. Solids 54 (1983) 179.Google Scholar