heterogeneous deformation of Cu2O single crystals during high temperature compression creep
Single crystals of Cu2O in parallelopipedic and cubic geometries have been deformed in high temperature creep. Depending on the compression axis, either 2 or 4 glide planes are observed. Local strain analysis performed by a visioplasticity method permits an estimation of the heterogeneity of deformation and shows clearly the imperfection of the compression test.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Blum and B. Ilschner, Phys. Stat. Sol. 20 (1967) 629.Google Scholar
- 2.J. P. Poirier, Phil. Mag. 26 (1972) 701.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Martinez Clemente, T. Bretheau and J. Castaing, J. Phys. 37 (1976) 895.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Bretheau, C. Marhic, M. Spendel and J. Castaing, Phil. Mag., 35 (1977) 1473.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Fries, C. Marhic and T. Bretheau, J. Phys. 37 (1976) C7–572.Google Scholar
- 6.J. M. Birch, B. Wilshire, D. J. R. Owen and D. Shantaram, J. Mater. Sci. 11 (1976) 1817.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Pontikis and J. P. Poirier, Scripta Met. 8 (1974) 1427.Google Scholar
- 8.A. H. Clauer, M. S. Seltzer and V. A. Wilcox, J. Mater. Sci. 6 (1971) 1379.Google Scholar