Immunohistochemical localization of ornithine decarboxylase in the rat ovary
- 40 Downloads
The present report describes the immunocytochemical localization of ornithine decarboxylase in the prepubertal rat ovary after administration of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). Numerous ornithine decarboxylase immunoreactive cells appeared in the thecal layer as well as in the interstitial gland tissue after treatment with HCG. The granulosa cells, the ovum and the ovarian stroma were devoid of immunoreactive ornithine decarboxylase. In contrast to the ovary of HCG-treated rats, the ovary of prepubertal rats given the vehicle alone contained only a few weakly immunoreactive cells.
KeywordsPublic Health Granulosa Cell Present Report Ornithine Chorionic Gonadotropin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Coons AH, Leduc EH, Connolly JM (1955) Studies on antibody production. I. A method for the histochemical demonstration of specific antibody and its application to a study of the hyperimmune rabbit. J Exp Med 102:49–59Google Scholar
- Guha SK, Jänne J (1977) Inhibition of ornithine decarboxylase in vivo in rat ovary. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 75:136–142Google Scholar
- Guraya SS (1978) Recent advances in the morphology, histochemistry, biochemistry, and physiology of interstitial gland cells of mammalian ovary. In: Bourne GH, Danielli JF (eds) Int Rev Cytol. Academic Press, New York, pp 171–245Google Scholar
- Henningsson S, Persson L, Rosengren E (1978) Polyamines and nucleic acids in the mouse kidney induced to growth by testosterone propionate. Acta Physiol Scand 102:385–393Google Scholar
- Jänne J, Pösö H, Raina A (1978) Polyamines in rapid growth and cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta 473:241–293Google Scholar
- Kobayashi Y, Kupelian J, Maudsley DV (1971) Ornithine decarboxylase stimulation in rat ovary by luteinizing hormone. Science 172:379–380Google Scholar
- Persson L (1982) Antibodies to ornithine decarboxylase: Immunochemical cross-reactivity. Acta Chem Scand (in press)Google Scholar
- Persson L, Rosengren E, Sundler F (1982) Localization of ornithine decarboxylase by immunocytochemistry. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 104:1196–1201Google Scholar
- Sternberger LA (1979) Immunocytochemistry, 2nd edn. John Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar