Synthesis of polychlorinated 2,5-dihydro-2-furanones from maleic anhydride
The reaction of maleic anhydride with phosphorus pentachloride, which leads to polychlorinated 2,5-dihydro-2-furanones, was studied. The structures of the compounds obtained were proved by means of spectral methods.
KeywordsPhosphorus Organic Chemistry Anhydride Spectral Method Maleic Anhydride
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.F. G. Abdinov, Sh. S. Nasibov, A. D. éfendiev, A. G. Agazade, Z. A. Guseinova, and R. A. Babakhanov, All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information Deposited Paper No. 4992-V87 (13.07.87), Institute of Theoretical Problems of Chemical Technology, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Lieder, J. Prakt. Chem., 130, 255 (1931).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Gryszkewicz-Trochimovsky and W. Schmidt, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, No. 5, 593 (1948).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Gunbin, V. V. Simonov, and A. V. Ivanov, Summaries of Papers of the All-Union Conference on the Synthesis of Dichloromaleic Acid Dichloride [in Russian], Ufa (1982), p. 134.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Gunter and O. Gunter, West German Patent No. 1231686; Ref. Zh. Khim., 12N81P (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Bouse and H. U. Blank, Ann., 1658 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.I. G. Zenkevich and B. V. Ioffe, Interpretation of the Mass Spectra of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1986), p. 175.Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Simonov, E. N. Shitova, and Ya. B. Yasman, Summaries of Papers on the 13C NMR Spectra of Dichloromaleic Acid Derivatives [in Russian], Ufa (1977), p. 89.Google Scholar
- 9.G. K. Semin, T. A. Babushkin, and G. G. Yakobson, Application of Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance in Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1972), p. 173.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1991