Solutons of a nonisospectral and variable coefficient Korteweg-de Vries equation
- 92 Downloads
A new type of KdV equation with a nonisospectral Lax pair as well as variable coefficients is introduced. Its Lax pair is shown to be invariant under the Crum transformation. This leads to a Bäcklund transformation for the KdV equation and, hence, a method for solutions via an associated nonisospectral variable coefficient MKdV equation. Three generations of solutions are given. The 1-soliton solution shares the novel phenomenology associated with the boomeron, trappon, and zoomeron of Calogero and Degasperis.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Group Theory Variable Coefficient Vries Equation MKdV Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AblowitzM. J. and SegurH., Solitons and Inverse Scattering Transform, SIAM, Philadelphia, 1981.Google Scholar
- 2.ChernS. S. and PengC. K., Lie groups and KdV equations, Manuscripta Math. 28, 207–217 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.GuChaohao and HuHesheng, A unified explicit form of Bäcklund transformations for generalized hierarchies of KdV equations, Lett. Math. Phys. 11, 325–335 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.LiY. S., The solution of soliton equation and Darboux transformation, in S. T.Xiao and F. O.Pu (eds.), Proceedings: International Workshop on Applied Differential Equation, Beijing 1985, World Scientific, Singapore, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.LiYi-shen and BabyB. V., Variable Coefficient Korteweg-de Vries Equation: Darboux's Transformation, Exact Solutions and Conservation Laws, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Miramare-Trieste, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.CrumM. M., Associated Sturm-Liouville systems, Quart. J. Math. Oxford (2), 6, 121–127 (1955).Google Scholar
- 9.JohnsonR. S., J. Fluid Mech. 97, 701 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.CalogeroF. and DegasperisA., Spectral Transform and Solitons I, Studies in Mathematics and its Application, Vol. 13, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1982).Google Scholar