Direct regional assignment of the gene for vitamin D binding protein (Gc-globulin) to human chromosome 4q11-q13 and identification of an associated DNA polymorphism
- 40 Downloads
Using a characterized human vitamin D binding protein (DBP) cDNA probe and a panel of rodent X human somatic cell hybrids, we established the chromosomal location of the structural gene for DBP on human chromosome 4. In situ hybridization of 3H-labeled DBP cDNA to human metaphase chromosomes confirmed this assignment and allowed regional localization to bands 4q11–4q13. A restriction fragment length polymorphism associated with the DBP gene that should prove useful in future linkage studies was identified with the enzyme BamHI.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cannizzaro LA, Emanuel BE (1985) An improved method for G-banding chromosomes after in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet 38:308–309Google Scholar
- Conneally PM, Bixler D, Horton-Kelly S, Daugherty L (1983) Confirmation of linkage between dentinogenesis imperfecta and Gc. Cytogenet Cell Genet 37:438Google Scholar
- Harper ME, Dugaiczyk A (1983) Linkage of the evolutionarily related serum albumin and alpha-fetoprotein genes within q11–q22 of human chromosome 4. Am J Hum Genet 35:522–565Google Scholar
- Juneja RK, Sandberg K, Andersson L, Gahne B (1982) Close linkage between albumin and vitamin D binding protein (Gc) loci in chicken: a 300 million-year-old linkage group. Genet Res (Camb) 40:95–98Google Scholar
- Kurnit DM, Phillipp BW, Bruns GAP (1982) Confirmation of the mapping assignment of human serum albumin to chromosome 4 using a cloned human albumin gene. Cytogenet Cell Genet 32:282–288Google Scholar
- Lau T, Sunderman FW, Agarwal SS, Sutnick AI, Blumberg BS (1969) Genetics of albumin Gainesville, a new variant of human serum albumin. Nature 291:201–205Google Scholar
- Nestler JE, Lange E, McLeod JF, Kliman HJ, Strauss JF, Haddad JG (1985) Detection of vitamin D binding protein (DBP) in/on human cytotrophoblasts. 7th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, Washington, DC, 1985, p 266 (abstr)Google Scholar
- Weitkamp LR, Allen PZ (1979) Evolutionary conservation of equine Gc alleles and of mammalian Gc/albumin linkage. Genetics 92: 1347–1354Google Scholar