Percolation analysis on free radical linear polymerization with instantaneous initiation
Free radical linear polymerization with instantaneous initiation was simulated on the simple cubic lattice. The monomer conversion, polydispersity index and average degree of polymerization were predicted by using the percolation model which was based on computer-simulated self-avoiding walks on the lattice. The adjusting parameters such as reactivity, termination modes, coordination number of given lattice were introduced.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Okamura S and Manabe T (1961) Polymer, 2: 83Google Scholar
- 2.Yan D-Y and Cai G-H (1986) J. Macromol. Sci.: Chem., A23: 37Google Scholar
- 3.Flory P J (1953) Principles of polymer chemistry, Cornell University Press, Ithaca, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Stockmayer W H (1943) J. Chem. Phys., 11: 45Google Scholar
- 5.Stauffer D (1985) Introduction to percolation theory, Taylor & Francis, London, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Boots H M J and Pandey R B (1984) Polymer Bulletin, 11: 415Google Scholar
- 7.Boots H M J, Kloosterboer J G and van de Hei G M M (1985) British Polymer J., 17: 219Google Scholar
- 8.Kloosterboer J G, van de Hei G M M, Gossink R G and Dortant G C M (1984) Polymer, 25(Commun.): 322Google Scholar
- 9.Ordian G (1981) Principles of Polymerization 2ed, John-Wiley & Sons, New YorkGoogle Scholar