The number of order-preserving maps of fences and crowns
- 39 Downloads
We perform an exact enumeration of the order-preserving maps of fences (zig-zags) and crowns (cycles). From this we derive asymptotic results.
AMS subject classifications (1991)Primary: 05A15 06A17
Key wordsCombinatorial enumeration poset order-preserving map lattice path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. A.Bender (1974) Asymptotic methods in enumeration, SIAM Rev. 16, 485–515.Google Scholar
- D. Duffus, V. Rödl, B. Sands, and R. Woodrow, Enumeration of Order Preserving Maps (preprint).Google Scholar
- I. P.Goulden and D. M.Jackson (1983) Combinatorial Enumeration, Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- I. Rival and A. Rutkowski, Does Almost Every Isotone Self-Map Have a Fixed Point? (preprint).Google Scholar
- B. Sands, Personal communication.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1991