Tunable UV radiation at short wavelengths (188–240 nm) generated by sum-frequency mixing in lithium borate
- 136 Downloads
Sum-frequency mixing (ω3=ω1+ω2) of UV laser radiation (λ1=266 nm and 213 nm) and tunable coherent infrared light (λ2=1.2–2.6 μm) in lithium borate (LBO) generates radiation at short wavelengths (λ3=188–242 nm). The UV radiation at λ1 is produced by the fourth and fifth harmonic of a pulsed Nd-YAG laser. The infrared light is generated with an optical parametric oscillator of beta barium borate. The phase-matching angle Φ is measured as function of λ3 and compared with calculated values. For UV laser radiation at shorter wavelengths (173 nm≦λ1≦213 nm) the calculations predict an extension of the tuning range of the sum-frequency generated at λ3 to wavelengths as short as the LBO transmission cutoff at 160 nm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Chen, B. Wu, A. Jiang, G. You, R. Li, S. Lin: J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 6, 616 (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.B. Wu, N. Chen, C. Chen, D. Deng, Z. Xu: Opt. Lett. 14, 1080 (1989)Google Scholar
- 3.S. Lin, Z. Sun, B. Wu, C. Chen: J. Appl. Phys. 67, 634 (1990)Google Scholar
- 4.K. Kato: IEEE J. Quantum Electron. 26, 1173 (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.A. Borsutzky, R. Brünger, Ch. Huang, R. Wallenstein: Appl. Phys. B 52, 55 (1991)Google Scholar
- 6.A. Lago, R. Wallenstein, Ch. Chen, Y.X. Fan, R.L. Byer: Opt. Lett. 13, 221 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Y.X. Fan, R.C. Eckardt, R.L. Byer, J. Nolting, R. Wallenstein: Appl. Phys. Lett. 53, 2014 (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.A. Fix, T. Schröder, R. Wallenstein: IOP Conference Series No. 114, Resonance Ionisation Spectroscopy 1990, ed. by N. Omenetto, J.E. Parks (1990) pp. 359–364Google Scholar
- 9.W. Mückenheim, P. Lokai, B. Burghardt, D. Basting: Appl. Phys. B 45, 259 (1988)Google Scholar