Investigations on the determination of NO2 with galvanic nitrate solid electrolyte cells
- 25 Downloads
Solid electrolyte cells for detecting NO2 with Ba(NO3)2 or Sr(NO3)2 partially replaced by γ-Al2O3 as solid electrolytes have been studied. The cell tension depends on the NO2- as well as on the NO-concentration. Investigations of the establishment of the NO2-NO-O2-equilibrium by the catalytic effects of the used electrode materials Pt and Au have shown that a decomposition of NO2 below 400°C cannot be expected.
KeywordsNitrate Physical Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Electrode Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gauthier M, Chamberland A (1977) J Electrochem Soc 124:1579–1583Google Scholar
- 2.Yao S, Shimizu Y, Miura N, Yamazoe N (1992) Chem Lett 587–590Google Scholar
- 3.Miura N, Yao S, Shimizu Y, Yamazoe N (1992) Technical Digest of 4th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors, 13.–17.9.1992, Tokyo, pp 450–453Google Scholar
- 4.Hötzel G, Weppner W (1987) Sensors Actuators 12:449–453Google Scholar
- 5.Hötzel G, Weppner W (1986) Solid State Ionics 18 & 19:1223–1227Google Scholar
- 6.Sai Babu K, Chiranjivi T (1980) Solid State Ionics 13:587–589Google Scholar