Analysis of poly(chlorophenyl methacrylates) by ultraviolet spectroscopy
- 39 Downloads
A number of copolymers of methyl methacrylate and chlorophenyl methacrylates of different structure was prepared and analyzed by ultraviolet spectroscopy. It was found that the copolymer composition can be determined using a calibration curve based on mixtures of the appropriate homopolymers. The U. V. spectroscopical results are in good agreement with the chlorine analysis.
KeywordsPolymer Spectroscopy Methyl Chlorine Calibration Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. H. Lu, G. N. Babu and J. C. W. Chien; J. Polymer Sci., Chem. Ed. 23 (1985) 1421Google Scholar
- 2.I. v. Lampe, H.-J. Lorkowski, R. Kunze und M. Wäsche; J. Inf. Rec. Mater. 15 (1987) 117Google Scholar
- 3.P. Tidwell and G. A. Mortimer; J. Macromol. Sci., Rev. Macromol. Chem. C4(2) (1970) 281Google Scholar
- 4.U. Guber and H. G. Elias; Makromol. Chem. 86 (1965) 168Google Scholar
- 5.R. Borsdorf and M. Scholz; Spektroskopische Methoden in der organischen Chemie, Akademie-V., Berlin, 1974, p. 170Google Scholar