Proof of correctness of data representations
- 501 Downloads
A powerful method of simplifying the proofs of program correctness is suggested; and some new light is shed on the problem of functions with side-effects.
KeywordsInformation System Operating System Data Structure Communication Network Information Theory
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wirth, N.: The development of programs by stepwise refinement. Comm. ACM. 14, 221–227 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.Dijkstra, E. W.: Notes on structured programming. In Structured Programming. Academic Press (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.Hoare, C. A. R.: Notes on data structuring. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 4.Dahl, O.-J.: Hierachical program structures. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 5.Milner, R.: An algebraic definition of simulation between programs. CS 205 Stanford University, February 1971.Google Scholar
- 6.Dijkstra, E. W.: A constructive approach to the problem of program correctness. BIT. 8, 174–186 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.Dahl, O.-J., Myhrhaug, B., Nygaard, K.: The Simula 67 common base language. Norwegian Computing Center, Oslo, Publication No. S-22, 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.Hoare, C. A. R.: An axiomatic approach to computer programming. Comm. ACM. 12, 576–580, 583 (1969).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1972