Parabolic interior Schauder estimates by the maximum principle
- 338 Downloads
In  Brandt proved all of the assertions of the parabolic interior Schauder estimates regarding Hölder continuity in x (exponent α) by a very simple maximum principle argument. In this paper we give a simple maximum principle proof of Hölder continuity in t (exponent α/2). In fact we show that each derivative D x 2 u is Hölder continuous in t (exponent α/2) even if the coefficients and nonhomogeneous term are not.
KeywordsNeural Network Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics Maximum Principle Electromagnetism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brandt, A., Interior Schauder estimates for parabolic differential-(or difference-) equations. Israel J. Math. 7, 254–262 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.Friedman, A., Partial differential equations of the parabolic type. Englewood Cliffs, W.J.: Prentice-Hall 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.Krushkov, S. N., Results concerning the nature of the continuity of solutions of parabolic equations and some of their applications. Math. Notes 6, 517–523 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.Gilding, B. H., Hölder continuity of solutions of parabolic equations. J. London Math. Soc. (2) 13, 103–106 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.Gilbarg, D., & N. S. Trudinger, Elliptic partial differential equations of second order. Berlin Heidelberg New York:Springer 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.Ladyženskaja, O. A., & V. A. Solonnikov, & N. N. Uralceva, Linear and quasilinear equations of the parabolic type. Transl. Math. Monographs, Vol. 23, Amer. Math. Soc., 1968.Google Scholar