The structural gene for the mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase maps to human chromosome 12
- 30 Downloads
A cloned 850 bp cDNA fragment corresponding to the 3′-coding part of human ALDHI-mRNA was used as a probe for the chromosomal assignment of the ALDHI gene. Southern blot analysis of human-rodent somatic cell hybrids indicates that the human ALDHI gene resides on chromosome 12.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balazs I, Purello M, Alhadeff B, Grzeschik KH, Szabo P (1984) Isolation and subregional mapping of a human cDNA clone detecting a common RFLP on chromosome 12. Hum Genet 68:57–61Google Scholar
- Goedde HW, Agarwal DP, Harada S (1983) The role of alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase isozymes in alcohol metabolism, alcohol sensitivity, and alcoholism. (Isozymes, vol 8) Liss, New York, pp 175–193Google Scholar
- Greenfield NJ, Pietruszko R (1977) Two aldehyde dehydrogenases from human liver: isolation via affinity chromatography and characterization of the isozymes. Biochim Biophys Acta 483:35–45Google Scholar
- Hempel J, von Bahr-Lindström H, Jörnval H (1984) Aldehyde dehydrogenase from human liver. Eur J Biochem 141:21–35Google Scholar
- Hsu LC, Yoshida A, Mohendas T (1985a) Cloning of cDNAs and chromosomal assignment for human aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 and aldehyde dehydrogenase 2. 36th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics. Am J Hum Genet 37:157 (Abstr 464)Google Scholar
- Hsu LC, Tani K, Fujiyoshi T, Kurachi K, Yoshida A (1985b) Cloning of cDNAs for human aldehyde dehydrogenases 1 and 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 82:3771–3775Google Scholar
- Mather PB, Holmes RS (1984) Biochemical genetics of aldehyde dehydrogenase isoenzymes in the mouse: evidence for stomach and testis-specific isoenzymes. Biochem Genet 22:981–995Google Scholar
- Hopkinson DA (1985) Chromosome assignment, biochemical and immunological studies on a human aldehyde dehydrogenase, ALDH3. Ann Hum Genet 49:87–100Google Scholar
- Smith M, Hiroshige S, Duester G, Saxon P, Carlock L, Wasmuth J (1985) Confirmation of the assigment of the gene coding for mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2) to human chromosome 12. Cytogenet Cell Genet 40:748 (abstr)Google Scholar
- Stanley KK, Luzio JP (1984) Construction of a new family of high efficiency bacterial expression vectors: identification of cDNA clones coding for human liver proteins. EMBO J 3:1429–1434Google Scholar