The gene for human interleukin 7 (IL7) is at 8q12-13
The gene for human interleukin 7 (IL7) maps to chromosome 8 by Southern analysis of a somatic cell hybrid panel and to 8q12-q13 by in situ hybridization.
KeywordsInternal Medicine Metabolic Disease Somatic Cell Cell Hybrid Southern Analysis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Callen DF (1986) A mouse-human hybrid cell panel for mapping human chromosome 16. Ann Génét (Paris) 29:235–239Google Scholar
- Goodwin RG, Lupton S, Schmierer A, Hjerrild KJ, Jerzy R, Clevenger W, Gillis S, Cosman D, Namen AE (1989) Human interleukin 7: molecular cloning and growth factor activity on human and murine B-lineage cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 86: 302–306Google Scholar
- Shows R, Eddy R, Haley L, Byer M, Henry M, Fujita T, Matsui H, Taniguchi T (1984) Interleukin 2 (IL2) is assigned to human chromosome 4. Somatic Cell Mol Genet 10:315–318Google Scholar
- Sutherland GR, Baker E, Callen DF, Campbell HD, Young IG, Sanderson CJ, Garson OM, Lopez AF, Vadas MA (1988a) Interleukin-5 is at 5q31 and is deleted in the 5q-syndrome. Blood 71: 1150–1152Google Scholar
- Sutherland GR, Baker E, Callen DF, Hyland VJ, May BK, Bawden MJ, Healy HM, Borthwick IA (1988b) 5-Aminolevulinate synthase is at 3p21 and thus not the primary defect in X-linked sideroblastic anemia. Am J Hum Genet 43:331–335Google Scholar
- Sutherland GR, Baker E, Callen DF, Hyland VJ, Wong G, Clark S, Jones SS, Eglinton LK, Shannon MF, Lopez AF, Vadas MA (1988c) Interleukin 4 is at 5q31 and interleukin 6 is at 7p15. Hum Genet 79:335–337Google Scholar
- Sutherland GR, Baker E, Hyland VJ, Callen DF, Stahl J, Gough NM (1989) The gene for human leukemia inhibiting factor (LIF) maps to 22q12. Leukemia 3:9–13Google Scholar
- Webb AC, Collins KL, Auron PE, Eddy RL, Nakai H, Byers M, Shows TB (1985) The gene for interleukin-1 (IL1) is on human chromosome 2 at q13-q21. (8th International Workshop on Human Gene Mapping). Cytogenet Cell Genet 40:774Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1989