Interstitial deletion of chromosome 15: two cases
- 54 Downloads
Two cases of interstitial deletion of chromosome 15 with similar clinical features are presented. In one case, assay of hexosaminidase A enabled us to confirm that the structural gene is located between 15q22 and 15q25 and that it is included in the deletion.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chern CJ, Kennet R, Engel E, Melman WJ, Croce CM (1977) Assignment of the structural genes for the α subunit of hexosaminidase A, mannose phosphate isomerase and pyruvate kinase to the region q22→qter of human chromosome 15. Somatic Cell Genet 3:553–560Google Scholar
- Clark RD (1984) Letter to the editor: Del(15)(q22;q24). Syndrome with Potter sequence. Am J Med Genet 19:703–705Google Scholar
- Fryns JP, Van den Berghe H, Muelenaere A de (1982) Interstitial deletion of the long arm of chromosome 15. Ann Génét (Paris) 25:59–60Google Scholar
- Fryns JP, Kleczkowska A, Buttiens M, Jonckheere P, Brouckmans-Buttiens K, Van den Berghe H (1986) Ring chromosome 15 syndrome. Further delineation of the adult phenotype. Ann Génét (Paris) 29:45–48Google Scholar
- Hasegawa T, Hara M, Ando M, Osawa M, Furuyama Y, Takahashi M, Yamada K (1984) Cytogenetic studies of familial Prader Willi syndrome. Hum Genet 65:325–330Google Scholar
- Hellkuhl B, Mayr WR, Grzeschik KH (1978) Localisation of MPI, PKM2, IDHM and the α subunit of hexosaminidase to the q21→qter region of human chromosome 15. Cytogenet Cell Genet 22:503–505Google Scholar
- Kucherlapati RS, Ruddle FH (1975) Assignment of the human genes for mannose phosphate isomerase, pyruvate kinase (M2), and hexosaminidase A to chromosome 15. (3rd International Workshop on Human Gene Mapping) Cytogenet Cell Genet 16:181–183Google Scholar
- Lacro RV, Jones RL, Mascarello JT, Jones O, Wilson N, Jones MC (1987) Duplication of distal 15q: report of five new cases from two different translocation kindreds. Am J Med Genet 26:719–728Google Scholar
- Magenis RE, Vidgoff J, Chamberlin J, Brown MG (1979) Exclusion of hex A from regions pter-q14 and q25.1→q26.3 or q23.00→q26.2 of chromosome 15. Cytogenet Cell Genet 25:181–182Google Scholar
- Nakai H, Byers MG, Shows TB (1987) Mapping Hex A to 15q23-q24. 9th International Workshop on Human Gene Mapping, poster no 679Google Scholar
- Oliver N, Francke U, Pellignino MA (1978) Regional assignment of genes for mannose phosphate isomerase, pyruvate kinase-3, and β2-microglobulin expression on human chromosome 15 by hybridization of cells from a t(15;22)(q14;q13.3) translocation carrier. Cytogenet Cell Genet 22:506–510Google Scholar
- Van Heyningen V, Bobrow M, Bodmer WF, Gardiner SE, Povey S, Hopkinson DA (1975) Chromosome assignment of some human enzyme loci: mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase to 7, mannose phosphate isomerase and pyruvate kinase to 15, and probably esterase D to 13. Ann Hum Genet 38:295–304Google Scholar