A polyvariant mixed computation algorithm for low-level non-structured programs is presented. A subclass of so called analyser programs has been chosen for which all partial computation that becomes possible during mixed computation is defined over a finite domain of nonsuspended variables. This not only provides termination of mixed computation but allows also to embody in the residual program a control structure encoded in the data.
KeywordsInformation System Operating System Data Structure Communication Network Information Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bird, R.S.: Tabulation techniques for recursive programs. ACM Comput. Surveys 12, 403–418 (1980)Google Scholar
- 2.Ershov, A.P.: Mixed computation: potential applications and problems for study. Theor. Comput. Sci. 18, 41–67 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.Ershov, A.P., Itkin, V.E.: Correctness of mixed computation in Algol-like programs. In: Mathematical foundations of computer science, 1977. J. Gruska (ed.). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 53, pp. 59–77. Berlin-Heidelberg-New York: Springer 1977Google Scholar
- 4.Futamura, Y.: Partial evaluation of computation process — an approach to a compiler-compiler. Systems — Computers — Controls 2, 45–50 (1971)Google Scholar
- 5.Futamura, Y.: Partial computation of programs. In: RIMS symposia of software science and engineering. Kyoto 1982 proceedings. E. Goto et al. (eds.), Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences, Vol. 147, pp. 1–35. Berlin-Heidelberg-New York: Springer 1983Google Scholar
- 6.Harel, D.: On folk theorems. Comm. ACM 23, 379–389 (1980)Google Scholar
- 7.Itkin, V.E.: On partial and mixed computation. In: Program optimization and transformation. A.P. Ershov (ed.). Part I, pp. 17–30. Novosibirsk: Computing Center of the Siberian Division of the Academy of Sciences 1983 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Ostrovsky, B.N.: Obtaining language-oriented parsers systematically by mixed computation. In: Translation and program models. I.V. Pottosin (ed.), pp. 69–80. Novosibirsk: Computing Center of the Siberian Division of the Academy of Sciences 1980 (in Russian)Google Scholar