Regeneration of plantlets from the callus of stem segments of adult plants of Ficus religiosa L.
- 72 Downloads
Stem segments of adult plants of Ficus religiosa L. cultured on MS medium containing 1.0 mg/l 2,4-D produced callus. Shoots were regenerated when the induced calli were transferred to medium supplemented with 0.05 to 2.0 mg/l BAP. Callus derived shoots produced roots and developed into plantlets when transferred to medium supplemented with 1.0 mg/l NAA.
KeywordsAdult Plant Stem Segment Ficus Religiosa
Murashige and Skoog (1962)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anand M, Bir SS (1984) Curr Sci 53: 1305–1307Google Scholar
- Arya HC, Ramawat KG, Suthar KC (1981) J Ind bot Soc 60: 134–137Google Scholar
- Bapat VA, Rao PS (1984) Proc Ind Acad Sci (Plant Sci) 93: 19–27Google Scholar
- Jones OP (1983) In: Mantell SH, Smith H (eds) Plant Biotechnology, vol 18, Cambridge University Press Cambridge, pp 139–162Google Scholar
- Mehra A, Mehra PN (1974) Bot Gaz 137: 61–64Google Scholar
- Murashige T, Skoog F (1962) Physiol Plantarum 15: 473–497Google Scholar
- Murashige T (1974) Ann Rev Plant Physiol 25: 125–166Google Scholar
- Mukhopadhyay A, Mohan Ram HY (1981) Ind J Exp Biol 19: 1113–1115Google Scholar
- Sita GL, Vaidyanathan CS, Ramakrishnan T (1982) Curr Sci 20: 88–92Google Scholar
- Upadhyay S, Chandra N (1983) Ann Bot 52: 421–425Google Scholar