A mutant of Escherichia coli deficient in pyruvate formate lyase
- 98 Downloads
A genetic study was performed on a mutation which has caused loss of pyruvate formate lyase. The gene affected is designated pfl and is located close to ser C, i.e. at 20 mn on the chromosomal map of E. coli.
KeywordsPyruvate Genetic Study Lyase Pyruvate Formate Lyase Pyruvate Formate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adelberg, E. A., Mandel, M., Chein Ching Chen, G.: Optimal conditions for mutagenesis by N-methyl-N′-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in Escherichia coli K12. Biochem. biophys. Res. Commun. 18, 788–795 (1965)Google Scholar
- Chippaux M., Casse F., Pascal, M. C.: Isolation and phenotype of mutants from Salmonella typhimurium defective in formate hydrogenlyase activity. J. Bact. 110, 766–768 (1972)Google Scholar
- Clarke, S. J., Low, B., Konigsberg, W. H.: Close linkage of the genes ser C (for phosphohydroxy pyruvate transaminase) and ser S (for seryl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase) in Escherichia coli K12. J. Bact. 113, 1091–1095 (1973)Google Scholar
- Davis, B. D., Mingioli, E. S.: Mutants of Escherichia coli requiring methionine or vitamin B12. J. Bact. 60, 17–28 (1950)Google Scholar
- Kalnitsky, G., Werkman, C. H.: The anaerobic dissimilation of pyruvate by a cell-free extract of Escherichia coli. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2, 113–124 (1943)Google Scholar
- Knappe, J. Schadek, J., Möckel, W., Höpner, Th., Vetter, H. Jr., Edenharder, R.: Pyruvate formate-lyase reaction in Escheriachia coli The enzymatic system converting an inactive form of the lyase into the catalytically active enzyme. Europ. J. Biochem. 11, 316–327 (1969)Google Scholar
- Lennox, E. S.: Transduction of linked genetic characters of the host by bacteriophage P1. Virology 1, 190–206 (1955)Google Scholar
- Pascal, M. C., Casse, F., Chippaux, M., Lepelletier, M.: Genetic analysis of mutants of Escherichia coli K12 and Salmonella typhimurium deficient in hydrogenase. Molec. gen. Genet. 141, 173–179 (1975)Google Scholar
- Reeve, E. C. R., Doherty, P.: Linkage relationships of two genes causing partial resistance to chloramphenicol in Escherichia coli. J. Bact. 96, 1450–1451 (1968)Google Scholar
- Taylor, A. L., Thoman, M. S.: The genetic map of Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 50, 659–677 (1964)Google Scholar
- Taylor, A. L., Trotter, C. D.: Linkage map of Escherichia coli strain K12. Bact. Rev. 36, 504–524 (1972)Google Scholar