Intragenic mapping of the Neurospora pyrimidine-3 locus by functional deletions
- 24 Downloads
On the basis of complementation between polar and non-polar pyrimidine-3 mutants of Neurospora crassa, a physical linear order of the polar mutants within the locus is derived. The basis of this derivation is that a polar mutant is an intragenic functional deletion extending from the site of the mutation to the translationally distal end of the locus.
KeywordsLinear Order Neurospora Crassa Polar Mutant Intragenic Mapping Functional Deletion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Caroline, D. F., Davis, R. H.: Pyrimidine synthesis in Neurospora crassa: gene-enzyme relationships. J. Bact. 100, 1371–1377 (1969).Google Scholar
- Malling, H. V.: The mutagenicity of the acridine mustard (ICR-170) and the structurally related compounds in Neurospora. Mutation Res. 4, 265–274 (1967).Google Scholar
- Manney, T. R.: Evidence for chain termination by super-suppressible mutants in yeast. Genetics 60, 719–733 (1968).Google Scholar
- McDougall, K. J., Ostman, R., Woodward, V. W.: The isolation and analyses of a functional type of pyr-3 mutant of Neurospora. Genetica 40, 527–535 (1969).Google Scholar
- Radford, A.: Polarized complementation at the pyrimidine-3 locus of Neurospora. Molec. Gen. Genetics 104, 288–294 (1969a).Google Scholar
- —: Information from ICR-170-induced mutations on the structure of the pyrimidine-3 locus in Neurospora. Mutation Res. 8, 537–544 (1969b).Google Scholar
- —: Pyrimidine-requiring suppressor mutations of arginine-3 locus in Neurospora and their bearing on the structure of the pyrimidine-3 locus. Molec. Gen. Genetics 107, 97–106 (1970).Google Scholar
- Seale, T. W.: Evidence for supersuppressors in Neurospora. Genetics 56, 586–587 (1967).Google Scholar
- Suyama, Y., Munkres, K. D., Woodward, V. W.: Genetic analysis of the pyr-3 locus of Neurospora crassa: The bearing of recombination and gene conversion upon interallelic linearity. Genetica 30, 293–311 (1959).Google Scholar
- Williams, L. G., Davis, R. H.: Genetic and physical relationship between two early steps of pyrimidine synthesis. Genetics 60, 238 (1968).Google Scholar
- Woodward, V. W.: Complementation and recombination among pyr-3 heteroalleles of Neurospora crassa. Proc. nat. Acad. Sci. (Wash.) 48, 348–356 (1962).Google Scholar