Partial (set) 2-structures
- 105 Downloads
The notion of a labeled partial 2-structure is introduced and studied. It generalizes the notion of a (labeled) 2-structure studied in  and  and it provides a convenient mathematical framework for studying graphs. In particular, a subclass of labeled partial 2-structures, the so-called labeled partial set 2-structures corresponds very closely to those graphs that are state spaces of concurrent systems. Part I of this paper investigates the basic theory of labeled partial 2-structures and it considers the problem of representing partial 2-structures as partial set 2-structures.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ehrenfeucht, A., Rozenberg, G.: Theory of 2-structures, Part I: Clans, morphisms, and basic subclasses. Theor. Comput. Sci. (to appear)Google Scholar
- 2.Ehrenfeucht, A., Rozenberg, G.: Theory of 2-structures, Part II: Representation through labeled tree families. Theor. Comput. Sci. (to appear)Google Scholar
- 3.Harary, F.: Graph theory. Reading, Mass: Addison-Wesley 1989Google Scholar
- 4.Reisig, W.: Pétri nets: An introduction. Berlin Heidelberg New York: Springer 1985Google Scholar
- 5.Rozenberg, G., Thiagarajan, P.S.: Petri nets: basic notions, structure, behaviour. In: de Bakker, J.W., de Roever, W.P., Rozenberg, G. (eds.) Current trends in concurrency, pp. 585–668. Berlin Heidelberg New York: Springer 1986Google Scholar