Linear polyethyleneimine was synthesized by the cationic ringopening polymerization of N(2-tetrahydropyranyl)aziridine, followed by acidic hydrolysis of the corresponding substituted polyamine. The linear structure of the end product was proved by 13C-NMR spectroscopy and by its physical properties. Molecular weights up to 25,000 were obtained.
KeywordsPolymer Spectroscopy Molecular Weight Hydrolysis Material Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.J.Goethals in “Ring-Opening Polymerization”, ed. by Ivin & Saegusa, Applied Science Publishers, 715 (1984)Google Scholar
- 2.T.Saegusa, T.Kobayashi in “Polymeric Amines and Ammonium Salts” ed. by E.J.Goethals, Pergamon Press, 55 (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.R.Tanaka,I.Ueko, Y. Takaki, K.Kataoka, S.Saito, Macromolecules 16, 849 (1983)Google Scholar
- 4.P.A.Gembitskii, A.I.Chmarin, L.M.Kolesova, D.S.Zhuk, Vysokomol.Soedin.,Ser.B, 14, 599 (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.P.K.Bossaer, E.J.Goethals, Makromol.Chem. 178, 2983 (1977)Google Scholar
- 6.G.Ricart, D.Boukry, C.Glacet, D.Couturier, Comptes rendus, 292, 311 (1981)Google Scholar
- 7.J.Bartulin, B.L.Rivas, M.Rodriguez-Baeza, Makromol.Chem. 183, 2935 (1982)Google Scholar