Prader-Willi or Angelman syndrome in familial 15q11→q13 deletion of maternal origin?
Letters to the Editors
- 31 Downloads
KeywordsInternal Medicine Metabolic Disease Angelman Syndrome Maternal Origin
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Butler MG, Meaney FJ, Palmer CG (1986) Clinical and cytogenetic survey of 39 individuals with Prader-Labhart-Willi syndrome. Am J Med Genet 23:793–809Google Scholar
- Fernandez F, Berry C, Mutton D (1987) Prader-Willi syndrome in siblings, due to unbalanced translocation between chromosomes 15 and 22. Arch Dis Child 62:841–843Google Scholar
- Hasegawa T, Hara M, Ando M, Osawa M, Fukuyama Y, Takahashi M, Yamada K (1984) Cytogenetic studies of familial Prader-Willi syndrome. Hum Genet 65:325–330Google Scholar
- Kaplan LC, Wharton R, Elias E, Mandell F, Donlon T, Latt SA (1987) Clinical heterogeneity associated with deletions in the long arm of chromosome 15: report of 3 new cases and their possible genetic significance. Am J Med Genet 28:45–53Google Scholar
- Knoll JHM, Nicholls RD, Magenis RE, Graham JM Jr, La Lande M, Latt SA (1989) Angelman and Prader-Willi syndromes share a common chromosome 15 deletion but differ in parental origin of the deletion. Am J Med Genet 32:285–290Google Scholar
- Malcolm S, Clayton-Smith J, Nichols M, Robb S, Webb T, Armour JAL, Jeffreys AJ, et al (1991) Uniparental paternal disomy in Angelman's syndrome. Lancet 337:694–697Google Scholar
- Nicholls RD, Knoll JHM, Butler MG, Karam S, La Lande M (1989) Genetic imprinting suggested by maternal heterodisomy in non-deletion Prader-Willi syndrome. Nature 342:281–285Google Scholar
- Robinson WP, Bottani A, Yagang X, Balakrishnan J, Binkert F, Maechler M, Prader A, Schinzel A (1991) Molecular, cytogenetic, and clinical investigations of Prader-Willi syndrome patients. Am J Hum Genet (in press)Google Scholar
- Zori R, Williams C, Mattei JF, Moncla A (1990) Parental origin of del(15)(q11–q13) in Angelman and Prader-Willi syndromes. Am J Med Genet 37:294–295Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1992